Monday, March 31, 2008

Underdog Glory

I m sick today, as in suffering from the onset of cold, yea funny stuff.. I wanted to conclude my swimming post, with the embarrassing incident that happened, and no it’s not what you think. So I will keep it short and try to be sweet.

First things first, my new name is U2, I know the Bono guy had a crack at it first but my logic makes more sense, as always. So U2 stands for Ultimate Underdog, and that’s me of course. So playing poker few nights ago, I successfully won back my money. Money the ultimate motivator, okay I take it back there are many idealistic kinds out there who are actually closet money whatever.. (told u I m sick, cant stress my brain too much)

So anyways, I m the ultimate underdog person, I always root for them. I guess most of us do, but I root for underdogs in the most trying circumstance’s for instance when I do like the overdog. Call it some wiring defect or whatever but underdog it is, although I did not see the underdog movie but anyways.

Underdog winning is always a triumph. Triumph over all odds. For instance I quote Lord of the rings here, the whole movie theme is underdog winning, be it diminutive Frodo going to that really scary mountain/volcano thing, or the sidekick Sam finally getting respect and glory or the final battle against all odds, just makes the whole win so much more sweeter. It is always reaffirming faith in self, beyond all odds, in the most ridiculous circumstances, with very few means, the impossible might actually be achievable. So to all underdogs out there, and by that I mean everybody, cause either there are underdogs, or closeted underdogs “To achieve the impossible dream, try going to sleep.”

4 comments:

Point 5 said...

I like to c underdogs crushed...

ss said...

Ouch, well.. I wont even dignify that with any reciprocation, underdogs rule! and thats that

Anonymous said...

some of the money belonged to me...

SP

ss said...

@SP dude u were the overdog for the most part of the game.. hence i m not just underdog, but ultimate underdog :D