Friday, November 30, 2007

Universal Foul Play

November has been creatively very productive, therefore just wanted to end it with some introspective, digressional, tangential but spectacular random thought. Unfortunately it rained and the weather turned cold. I am not a sunflower yet but some lights in my head definitely tuned off or dimmed at the least.

That made me thinking why do we worship Sun, sunlight sunrays. Isn’t there an abundance of Stars in galaxy ahem universe? Isn’t our revered sun actually a pretty average middle aged dude whose been predicted to end up as a dwarf. No supernova spectacle or black holes pulsating magic just a meek bow out of the universal play.

And then we can’t stop romanticizing the moon, I asked my teacher once which ones bigger sun or moon and everybody laughed at me. Well I stand by my question did not the relativity experts kept drumming everything can be explained by frame of reference. To me that perfectly circular orange moon against that deep dark sky definitely seemed much larger than the sun which no matter how much I squinted my eyes I could not make out how big it really was.

But moon is just a small satellite which for some reason took to earth and planned to orbit around. Poor guy hanging around all alone, if he had chosen Jupiter or Saturn, it would have enjoyed so much company. So we sent out a couple of man made satellites to give some reality TV view to the lonely guy.

And then there was water who knew it never was blue colored. It froze and rained and even evaporated at times talk about nirvana and cycle of life. Then there were these huge comets essentially humungous ice cubes jetting around with burning tails.

Planets, satellites and comets however different have something in common though. All of them might love spinning but eventually revolve around our middle aged thoroughly average sun.

2 comments:

Point 5 said...

Thoroughly Random...atleast in SoCal..the sun should definitely be worshipped cos it is one of the primary reason Hollywood exists there...

ss said...

Thanks for the thoroughly random compliment thats my very intent.. As to sunshine its weird nowadays weekdays are awesome and weekends are cloudy.. sigh!