Thursday, September 27, 2007

Usernames and Passwords

Dear faithful handful readers another random entry for your benefit not actually benefit but maybe something to think about and ponder(love that word, like the ring to it pOnder, I am already sounding drunk, wheres my hot java) Ahem, so here we start again..
I come to office first thing I am greeted by is my login window, after that I log into my office email, business applications, personal emails, chats and then I start getting automated alerts for payments, credit cards, gas bill, elctric bill, phone bill, cable bill and the list goes on. I am sure by now you must be wondering why am I even reading all this, but trust me patient reader there is a point(isnt there one always..)

So heres my point (and I cannot be more blunt abt it unlike MBA reading comprehensions where you go digging for it) when did life become all about usernames and passwords, let me rephrase that, all this makes me wonder when did life become all about usernames and passwords (batting eyelashes looking out of window at the non existent skyline.. always wanted to do that very sex and the cityish)

Actually this username funda starts as soon as ur born, when parents start the quest for the oh so perfect name, name which has not been used already (very unlikely unless they start resorting to underscores, numbers,$#@%, u get the drill) and something that will hopefully decide your destiny (hows aishwarya) or somehow model u into their idols. I mean theres a lot of thought involved in this first username that we are assigned.

But here lies my question, we are given this username but whats the password. How do we log into our life to figure out why things are happening, whos sending mind mails, who really wants to talk and has been pinging forever. Wheres my karma account how do I log into that so that I can see my balance, have my good deeds already exceeded the heaven threshold entrance, or have my bad deeds made me a good candidate to change my career path to become a successful lawyer. How do I log into my destiny account to see where I am headed, can I see what stopovers I will have or is it a direct flight, is it red eye or blue eye or bright eyed. Wheres my life expectancy acct, how many years months days do I have to figure this problem out.

So many questions and no passwords. I am quite sure my username is my given name and all these accounts are tied together. These hidden accounts keep functioning with scurrying activity but just no access watsoever. And how about the password, where is it? I believe the password is sequence of events in life (talk about a random sequence no one can hack into) the choices I make, the paths I dont take, the decisions I leave to time.. I am pretty sure thats the password, no wonder I myself can never make it out its like the value of Pi unpredictable, surprising, with no clear intentions where its heading and never ending....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well....i dont find ur blog vauge nymore.....

CD said...

Hmm.. something to think about

Point 5 said...

Nice post..aren't you glad that you dont have a password to c and predict things that coming up...or else bereft of the spontaniety life would be boring...

On the flip side, you should be happy that life doesn't take unique username..or else u would end up with a name like sonal_007 !!