Friday, April 4, 2008

Cable TV’s another world, rescue me..

I m still quite confused and don’t really know if I want to blog, and I hate admitting but work has the upper hand nowadays. So I watched californication yesterday, the show is more on the obvious word in there, mixed with drugs, writers block, hell-A theme. I have been watching basic channels forever and cable feels like the parental lock is finally gone. It’s a whole new world, not one I particularly like though. I mean sure every show is smart, funny in dark way, keeps you on your toes, but my question is when did TV become work.

Seriously all these super intelligent shows zap my energy all the time. My ego never lets me not get them and understanding and following them is work, which is not even satisfying all the time. I mean look at my blog heading, nothing smart funny there, my energy and wit has all been drained by the cable tv’s idiotic shows being intelligent.

Apart from the obvious IQ factor, these shows have absolutely no moral codes. Either its all about vanity a la nip tuck, root for a serial murderer sociopath dexter and now try to find hidden meaning with jingoistic hank doing anyone in sight on californication. Gone are the days of laughing at friends that seems like a kiddie show now.

I have decided to take a break from all this madness and meditate, actually I plan to go back to my original love, reading, started Life of Pi. Literature never seemed so clean, calming and without any hidden or in your face u know what innuendos..

2 comments:

Point 5 said...

Here are the channels you should watch
1) Travel
2) History
3) Discovery
4) Comedy Central
5) Any news or sports channel...

...Mostly value addition and light on your brain...

ss said...

well I watched some travel channel was quite interesting actually..