Monday, February 11, 2008

You live and learn, at any rate you live..

February second week already, talk about time flying. I started thinking about quality of life. I have lived a good number of years already and have formed quite a few opinions, viewed life from different colored goggles, stood at crossroads at different points of time and many times just slept through, hoping to wake up when ice age would have begun or gotten over..

So that got me thinking, what would define a qualititative life. How and when would I know I have lived enough and fruitfully. What will define this enough, the final peak, that final frontier. Lately I have asked many people this question. How do Everest climbers know this is the peak? What I have seen of mountains is that, they are always in a range, how would anybody know this is the peak and not that other point farther away.

Similarly how would I know in my life I have achieved my peak spiritually, personally, professionally? Like mountains keep growing, life keeps moving the more we explore, the more there is to do. There is no limit physically, mentally or emotionally, you can always push yourself further, do masters, do phd, do post doc then do more research. How and when would I know I have seen enough, lived enough, lead a high quality life.

I really don’t know, I suppose I need some more living and exploring to answer this question. This much lifetime has still not gotten me there yet. Ending with quote from Douglas Adams after a long time” He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

No comments: